Thursday, August 18, 2011

Katie Talk

My First Easter: Written January 1st, 2011
-This specific blog post was written during the time period I was converting to Catholicism 


January 1st,  2011

Ahhh today was great! I have definitely still had Catholic/church things on my mind. I know that I have said that I really shouldn’t be worried about what others will think. Afterall, I am a 26 year old responsible adult who is very capable of making these kinds of life decisions. But I still needed to talk to Katie about my plan. Katie, my best friend. I needed to tell Katie before I talked to some other people about it. : )

I just should have known! I should have known she would have been so supportive. Because then I would have told Katie 1 week ago when I visited her in Manhattan...but I chickened out. haha But I did get to talk to her about it tonight. Yes, I was a little bummed that it wasn’t face to face but it turned out perfectly!!

I guess it was just good to share some of those things with my best friend again. She totally understood and actually encouraged the idea. We even joked about how when she went to RCIA with Jacob a few times, how Jacob made fun of her for taking massive amounts of notes. Well I too took massive amounts of notes. haha

We talked about my concerns with not having others to go through the process with, about choosing a sponsor, about how good this would be for me. To give me a break from school. She even understood me, when I told her this is the path I feel God wants me to take. Ahhhhhhhhh! Pure wonderfulness! Pure connections! Shared emotions. Good talks. Love her!!


Looking back on things I wrote, each time I journaled about my concerns with telling people I was converting, I am happy to say they have all been very positive. I think this is true with a lot of things in life. So share things with people; they might just turn out to be super supportive and awesome!

Oh and one other thing. I think the line "to give me a break from school" is kind of funny now. : )Like, I really thought that it would only be a break from school. Can you say clueless? 





No comments: