Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Place Only He Can Go

Last Friday night instead of going to the homecoming game, I ventured forth to get a good dose of Needtobreathe with a few friends. It was a good decision, and it helped me breathe a little. : ) First of all, I felt very blessed to be in the company of some good people. Just in my mind, very, very strong women.

Secondly, it’s Needtobreathe!! There were a couple of instances during the concert where I was reminded that they aren’t necessarily a Christian rock band but a rock band with very awesome Christian tendencies. And even though I love their rock side, I LOVE their tender side. I could listen to them sing Something Beautiful over and over and over again. (TANGENT) I am sure we all think of something different when we hear songs but I am willing to bet you think the same thing I do when listening to that song. And THAT really is something beyond beautiful. It is like the ultimate something beautiful. And I can’t imagine what is going to happen. Anyway……..

My new favorite Needtobreathe song:

A Place Only You Can Go

And not because they sang this song pretty much like 20 feet away from me. Not because they sang this acoustic. Not because they made us all scoot in super close to each other so we could hear. Not because the place was so quiet you could hear a pin drop as they were singing. And not even because everyone joined in and sang Stand By Me at the song’s end. Well on second thought, maybe that is why. ☺

But here is the real reason. On my drive home I watched the video I took of the final song. I know, super safe, huh? Then I watched it again. And again. I just couldn’t stop watching and listening to that song. I was catching most of the lyrics now and I could completely relate. And the chorus…..it’s something beautiful for sure.

Oh I know this song won't do
Enough to prove my love to you
In my heart you'll always know
There is a place only love can go
There is a place only you can go


And to me here is what I was hearing:

Oh I know this song won't do
Enough to prove my love to You
In my heart You'll always know
There is a place only Love can go
There is a place only You can go


And that is exactly how I feel lately. It's like a love song for Him! I love Him. But I don’t feel like I will ever love Him enough. Kind of frustrating. But I also know there is a Love we all yearn for. A Love that we search for all the time when we feel empty or lonely. At times, we do struggle and we look everywhere we can think of to find answers. But we (I) have got to realize He is the ONLY one that can fulfill that need. There is a place in each of us only for Him. So let Him take care of you. Cool thing is….. I think I am getting there. He and I have been talking about this lately. I have been praying that He fills me with Love. And that I accept it. And that I “love Him all I can.” My love is never going to be perfect but I am going to keep at it!

Check these lyrics out! Only bad part of the song- it’s too short! : )

Pain is alive in a broken heart
The past never does go away
We were born to love
And we're born to pay
The price for our mistakes

Grace, she comes with a heavy load
Memories, they can't be erased
Like a pill I swallow, he makes me well
And leaves an awful taste

Oh I know this song won't do
Enough to prove my love to you
In my heart you'll always know
There is a place only love can go
There is a place only you can go

Take my notions and words to heart
This is the cry of a man
I can't bring you fortune or noble life
But I'll love you all I can

Oh I know this song won't do
Enough to prove my love to you
In my heart you'll always know
There is a place only you can go

Oh I know this song won't do
Enough to prove my love to you
In my heart you'll always know
There is a place only love can go
There is a place only you can go


And now at last the video I watched over and over again. Watch it until the end!!

A Place Only You Can Go/ Stand By Me

No comments: