Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Greatest Philosopher Ever- Brynley Renee : )

Seriously, this kid is pretty amazing. And so honest.

For example:

I took her to the football game last Friday and we went to the restroom. She announced this to the whole restroom:

"Kasie Boo my butt is all sweaty!"

As we are driving, and I am ashamed to say, listening to Katy Perry's, Last Friday Night (after just teaching about inputs nonetheless):

"Kasie Boo this song says damn! Don't tell my Mom I said damn."

Oh Brynley, you make me laugh. Which is exactly what I did in both situations.

But then Brynley just randomly talked to me about some pretty amazing topics. Bryn has been having some difficulties with starting kindergarten. She says "I miss Mommy in my brain." Basically, she cries when she has to be separated from Kami. So I decided I was going to ask her about school.

We were talking about for a little while. Then she mentions "Bible School". So I thought she was talking about like Sunday School. So I ask her if they are going to church, she quickly corrects me and tells me not church but her old pre-school. Then I tell her to ask Mommy about going to church. : ) Kami is gonna love me.

But I guess since we were on the topic of church she felt the need to ask me this. "Do you know why we have crucifixes?" At this point I am a little perplexed that she knows the word crucifix, so I curiously ask, "No, why?"

"Well they really put Jesus on a cross and nailed REAL nails into his body." I respond, "Yes that is right."

Then she continues, "And Julianna told me we hang them in our houses, and then......duhh duhhh duhhhhhh...... the house is HAUNTED."

For reals. lol

I explain to her that she needs to get new friends :) jk and then we talk a little bit about what the meaning is really about.  I tell her that crucifixes help remind us that Jesus died for us.

She pipes in, "Because He loves us. He loves us very, very much." I think she knew all along. :)

But then, on the same ride home she amazes me again.

She said something to this nature:

"That's a crescent moon!" Once again, I am left thinking how do you know the word crescent?

She continues:

"Mimi loves crescent moons. Do you think I should tell her about it? But I like round moons. Did you know that the moon stays in the same spot so that no matter where you are, you can see the moon?"

"Hello God, it's Kasie. Are you playing a funny joke on me?"

You see, I have this things with moons. They can be crescent, round, full, huge, little, orange, amazily beautiful moons. Really it doesn't matter, because everynight when I look to the night sky I am reminded of my Momma Mary.

Check this out- It's one of my favorite parts of the book The World's First Love, Chapter 5, p.76:

"As our love does not start with Mary, so neither does it stop with Mary. Mary is a window through which our humanity first catches a glimpse of Divinity on earth. Or perhaps she is more like a magnifying glass; she intensifies our love of her Son and makes our prayers more bright and burning. 
     God, Who made the sun, also made the moon. The moon does not take away from the brillance of the sun. The moon would be only a burnt-out cinder floating in the immensity of space were it not for the sun. All its light is reflected from the sun. The Blessed Mother reflects her Divine Son; without Him, she is nothing. With Him, she is the Mother of Men. 
     On dark nights we are grateful for the moon; when we see it shining, we know there must be a sun. So in this dark night of the world when men turn their backs on Him Who is the Light of the World, we look to Mary to guide their feet while we await the sunrise."

Yes, Brynley, Momma Mary is there for you, me, and everyone else. No matter where you are. In the dark. In the light. So chat your Momma up!

In Christ, Through Mary.

1 comment:

Jackie Kaye said...

Wow. What a great reflection on Mary's relationship to Christ when compared to the moon and the Sun/Son! Thank you for sharing!