Monday, September 5, 2011

To me


My head is kind of everywhere right now. This time around it is looking to be a good thing. ;) So there is sure to be lots of posts this week if I am not too busy!

Lots of good driving time this weekend has provided me with good thinking time. Plus, good little surprises like the song above. Thank you, ipod shuffle.

To Me......ahhh I am so glad you come on shuffle because I had sort of forgotten about you. In fact, I listened to it about 4 times back-to-back on my drive back to AC. And each time I listened to it I thought of something a little different. Here was my thought process:

First of all, I can NOT listen to song without thinking of a few people......this song reminds me of my kids, my students. My kids go through rough situations....divorce, high school drama, self-image issues, insecurities, fear, loneliness, not being able to be themselves, pressures to drink, pressures to decide what they have to do for the rest of their life (why do we make them do this, again?), feelings like they can't live out their faith, and just LIFE.

And sometimes it does break my heart. Because they are AMAZING. So anyway, this song is pretty much exactly what I would say to each of them.

But guess what? The more I listen to it......the more I realize it is God singing this song to each of my kids. Go ahead and let your heart smile. Mine sure did when this thought entered my head. 

Then I listened to it a couple more times with this thought in my head- this is God's love song to my students.  Hold up! Another thought popped in my head.

He is singing this to me too.

That is exactly what I needed to hear from Him. The fact of the matter is, no one knows us like Him. No one loves us as much as Him. He will never leave us. In fact nothing we could do, could make Him leave. I feel so beyond blessed.

No comments: