Monday, February 20, 2012

A Year Ago.....

A week and a half ago I said to my roommate Emily, "Wow it's almost Lent! I need to figure out what I am going to do."

Today it's Monday. Lent starts on Wednesday!!! Geesh,  Louise......I still need to figure out exactly what I intend to do.

when thinking of Lent, I can't help but think about my life last year at this point. I was getting ready to go to the Cathedral in Wichita for the Rite of Election.

What's it going to be like?

I get to see the Bishop!

Take a little break and check out this picture:

Fr. Mike, Bishop Jackels, Emmalee and Me at one of the Rite of Elections 2011


Haha. Funny stuff. I was beyond excited because I knew that by Emmalee and Father Mike finally telling me I could go to the Rite of Election that they thought I was ready. It meant I would be baptized on April 23rd, 2011 at the Easter Vigil. It also meant I would be joining in on the Eucharistic Feast soon! Please just try to tell me that last sentence didn't make you smile. :)

This time, last year, was one big-time, life-changing decision. Plus, this time last year is when I really picked up the awesome and life-changing little habit called adoration.

I also can't help but smile at some comments I had made when explaining my decision to others.

"I am still me. I am the same person, I am not really gonna change. Just because I am Catholic doesn't mean...."

Sometimes I am amazed at how much I try to make things not change. How I seem to love to have everything be never-changing. All I know is that I am sure glad I was completely and 100% wrong. :)

Going into this Lenten season, I what to take on this attitude. I want to keep things simple. I want to grow in my relationship with Him. I want to become a holier version of myself.

Then, at the end of Lent, and a few weeks into the Easter Season, I am so ready to celebrate my Baptism anniversary! :)

In Christ, Through Mary.

No comments: