Monday, November 28, 2011

Eucharistia #2

Well you can't have a Eucharistia #1 without a Eucharistia #2. So here goes.... yes like the song. But sorry folks I do believe it ends here. : )

I went to mass twice this weekend. Gotta get my practice in with all the new changes you know. : ) Plus, it's Advent!! Actually, I had just finished up a stained glass project at the school and realized it was 5:45. Perfect amount of time to get to mass and then go visit my Mom and Grandma afterwards. One thing about the masses I went to this weekend......one was Saturday and the other was Sunday.....both were without homilies. We watched a video from Bishop Jackels in AC and then in WF we blessed the Advent wreath. So without the guidance of Father Mike or Father Ruben, I had to decipher the readings myself. : ) Which tends to happens about 50% of the time anyhow. lol

Anyway, I don't remember much of the beginning of the first reading. It was from Isaiah and it was long-ish. But then these awesome words entered my head, twice I might add:

"Yet, O LORD, you are our father;
we are the clay and you the potter:
we are all the work of your hands."



This I like!! So let the deciphering begin! But honestly, it's pretty straightforward. However, here's a twist to the straightforward praise-God-in-all-your-good-deeds-and-He-sculpted-us-all-for-a-specific-purpose-translation. And since I was in the "eucharistia mode" a little bit this weekend and since it was talking about clay, metaphorically I might add, I could relate it to my life......in the literal sense. lol  

Besides the Eucharist and God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit, I am thankful for many things. But if you get right down to it, it once again comes back to God. I am thankful for my talents.....maybe more specifically my hands. Plus the potter reference led me to think about creating. My hands that let me create: be it welding, creating stained glass, drawing pictures with Brynley, painting, arranging flowers, or even simply teaching. I am so very thankful for my hands. He the Potter has made me in the likeness of Him, and apparently I am told "without blemish". Isn't that great? : ) He has crafted me and my talents for some purpose unbeknownst  to me. 

So here's the flip side. Sometimes I wish that I didn't put so much merit into what I was feeling, or that I was more organized, or that I wasn't such a deep thinker...about everything, or that I wasn't this or that. The honest truth is that we all have things we wish to change about ourselves- be in physically, spiritually, emotionally- whatever. And sometimes these can be good changes or even inconsequential changes. But this whole Father/Potter thing sent me a wonderful reminder: it wasn't just any old Patrick Swayze kind of potter that molded us into us. It was THE POTTER. No not Harry. But the Potter of all potters. And fortunately for us He is not about to make some mistake in his creation. 

We are all the work of your hands. 

So realizing this, it just gets me excited. It simplest terms- it makes me want to do lots of good for Him. It should you too. ;) So today forget about what silly modifications to your mold you think you need to add and just be you. The one without blemish. 

Oh, and are you ready for the cheese? Good. In the words of Dr. Seuss: 

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

In Christ, Through Mary. 

No comments: