Sunday, November 27, 2011

Eucharistia #1

Okay let's just see where this little ditty goes.....

Thanksgiving break was spent as I suspect a great many others spent their break- petting squirrels (or bunnies as Cooper like to call it), getting in fights over a blender, and breaking glass with my bare hands. But seriously, it was all just a pretty low-key affair. I did, thankfully, get a lot of rest and relaxation and will NOT be able to sleep tonight. : )

You may have noticed facebook getting all thankful on you this month. People are updating their status left and right telling everyone what they are thankful for. I didn't join in because I felt like it was all a little too cliche. Not that people shouldn't post thankful statuses- because we all know it's waaaaay better than all the negative comments we all make on facebook for the world to see. Plus, I would read them and mostly agree what they were saying. I just felt like people were missing out......

Press the pause button and fast forward a second. There's a cool little thing I learned at Thanksgiving mass this past week. Father rambled a little about this and that and then he said the magic word: eucharistia. : ) Immediately my curiosity was piqued and my ears perked up. "Eucharistia" just so happens to be the greek word for Thanksgiving. It made me smile to think that the thing we should be most thankful for at all times of the year, Jesus' body and blood in the Eucharist, is the greek word for thanksgiving. How stinking cool is that?!

Push play again! Moral of the story: if I weren't such a chicken, I would post this on facebook.....

"I'm thankful for the supremely awesome and pretty much incomprehensible gift of eating God each time I go to mass." : )

Because I truly am. What an amazing God we have that is deeply in love with us all!! There is much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! Peace.

No comments: