Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cooper Moment Numero Dos---- I LOVE this kid : )

So I once again got to spend some quality time with my family. Kami came down for the day and brought Cooper and Brynley with here. I was actually doing a little work at the school and my Mom called and told me we were going to go eat at El Magueys at around noon thirty. Yum, Yum.

So I drove to my Mom’s and walked into a greeting fit for a king. ☺ As I open the door, I hear voices, say Boot’s here, you better go get her!. Then comes the stampede and hugs! And Boots, boots, boots. Aw they make me so happy. Man, if we all were greeted this way, life would be exceptional at all times. Lol

So happies ‘o the day:

- Me telling Brynley, “B, you are growing up so fast. You must stop this!” Only for her to laugh at me and say “but I can’t help it!”. But she seriously needs to stop growing up!

- Breaking chips for Cooper at El Magueys and handing them to him. And having him say “Thank you” after each and every one. How cute.

- Praying with Cooper. : )

So I would like to expand on this last one. In the life of a little boy, Cooper, had had one heck of a day. A trip to Mimi’s, time with his aunts, chips and salsa, pop, bug juice, candy, and swimming! When mention of a nap crept up he was none too excited. What’s this, he said, "you want to cut my fun short?" So he cried and cried and escaped multiple times as I changed him from his pool diaper to normal clothes. He actually found it quite amusing to run around the house naked. : ) But alas I took him to the spare room for a nap and then all he wanted was his Mimi. So my mom went in the room to lay with him, swimming suit and all. In the process, got the bed all wet and Cooper still didn’t fall asleep. So side-note.....if I remember correctly, if I would have laid on a bed/couch/chair in my swimming suit when I was younger, oh man I would have been in trouble. Tsk, tsk Mom. : )

So I told everyone to just go back out and swim and I would take care of Cooper. He wasn’t too happy still. But I walked in closed the door amidst all his screaming. I talked to him a little but that seemed to upset him. I noticed the water spot on the bed from my mom and rummage around for a blanket. This got him to quiet a little because he was interested in what I was doing. I laid the blanket on the bed again. He started crying again.

So I laid down anyways and he was right beside me and still crying. So I do the most plausible thing I could think of. I started to fake snore. And it worked. He was no longer crying but still awake just watching me fake snore. So then I decided to stop fake snoring. Of course, the whole time this was happening, my eyes were closed…..but not all the way. Haha So then I started to pray the rosary in my head. I didn’t even make it through the first decade before he adjusted his sheet, put his thumb in his mouth, and closed his eyes to fall asleep. I finished my rosary. Thanked God for giving me such humble reminders to be more like my nephew (not the screaming part) and snapped a photo of the sleeping boy just for good measures.


It was a great afternoon. Blessed.

No comments: