Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Jesus and Johnny: A Blast from the Past

Where has the summer gone? I really need to be doing more work in my classroom and I really need to work on planning out more of officer retreat. I mean retreat is Friday! I guess the plus size of this predicament is that I can't even begin to explain to you how completely awesome July has been. Hopefully, I will blog more about July later but this is about my little blast from the past. How it started:

Now that Emily has moved out, I am in the process of moving some of my things back from my mom's house. This doesn't help with focusing on school, as I want to look through all my junk. I spent a good three hours today listening to some really "interesting" burned CDs, old yearbooks, and reading old journals I had written. In high school I wrote in steno pads......wow those were interesting. :) A most special gem was the journal I kept the week I ran for a State FFA Office. It is kind of embarrassing. hahaha Anyway, it prompted me to look up an old blog I had in college on......Xanga. Pat yourself on the back if you even know what I am talking about. It is actually the cream of the crop as far as my blogging goes. It chronicles the last three years of college. Some of it makes me cringe. While most of it makes me laugh out loud. It is funny to see how much different I am. At the same time it is interesting to see how much different and how much the same my worries are today as they were then. Here is something I wrote in 2006. It is amazing to see my thirst and desire for Jesus expressed through a little Johnny Cash. Enjoy.

So I just got done watching Walk the Line. By the way, it is kind of weird that in my last two entries I have mentioned Johnny Cash. Anyway, do you ever feel like you are Johnny Cash? Like he was a super talented, driven, passionate guy who just so happened to have a pill-poppin problem. I kind of feel like that. Not that I have a drug problem or anything like that but I have my own issues. Everyone does. If we could just get past those things, I think we could truly live. Sometimes I feel like I must be living like Johnny in the scene where he walks all the way to June's. Pretty much the lowest you could ever get. He was really lucky to have June though. Who's my June? I don't really mean this in a sense of who is my man either. But who is my friend that would do what June did? Who will love me no matter what? And who is making sure that I live my life to the fullest....to how I really want to be living my life?

If you currently blog or journal- keep doing it! Even if you do seem a little crazy at times, it is pretty insightful when you read back through your words. Peace!

No comments: