Monday, June 27, 2011

What's in a Dream?

I suppose we all have dreams. : ) Yes, I am talking about those slumber ones. The thing is....I usually don't remember mine. But today I remembered one in kind of a crazy way.

The other night, I had trouble getting to sleep. It was about 2:30 in the morning and I was still awake. Which isn't a big deal, because it is summer. However, I was realllly tired. Finally, I was out. But then I woke up 30 minutes later after this dream. Kinda remembered it, but turned off my light and went back to bed.

Then I pretty much forgot about the dream. I do remember that I had one.....but I could NOT remember what it was about. At all. Until I got into my car.

As I was leaving my house, my car radio comes on and on comes this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePuYCbxa8cg

I was like......this was in my dream!!!! And I was in a car!!!! And......then about 2 minutes down the road I remembered all of the story my mind had created while I was sleeping. : )

So here's the dream:

I was driving down Green's Farm road (love this road, drive it a lot with windows down) and I was in a SUV. A couple of important things to note: this SUV belonged to my teaching partner (btw she does not own a SUV) and I was not driving this vehicle, but one of my students was. We were just driving and talking and listening to the above song. Then I realized I forgot something in Winfield and we turned around to get it. No idea what I forgot. : )

This is where it gets a little crazy up in here! Student that I mention above is gone and replaced by one of my cousins. At this point in my dream, I suddenly have this idea that it it stupid to let someone else drive my teaching partner's SUV. So I tell her I need to drive. Pretty much as these words come out of my mouth, she runs this stop sign by this coffee shop in Winfield. In my dream I remember this huge vehicle going super fast nearly hitting us. We missed them by inches. However, even though we are safe(ish) said cousin doesn't know how to use the steering wheel or brake for that matter.

And this road is a tee. You can't go forward. However, she went forward. Off into the grass or edge or something, into the direction of a parked semi or really big box of some sort. All she had to do was press the brake. Plenty of time. But it was like she went dumb or wanted to hit the big box. So we crash! Screwed up the SUV big time. And the last three seconds of the dream I was left trying to figure out how to fix this problem without getting into trouble.

At this point, I was so scared that I woke myself up. It was like the dream really happened..... and then I went back to sleep. Then proceeded to forget about the dream for a day....until I heard the song. Then it came rushing back.

I find this just a little bit crazy. So then I looked up that lyrics to The Redeemer (a favorite past time of mine) because I really didn't know the words other than some of the chorus (which was playing in my dream):

Sometimes I just want to start over, 'cause everything looks like a wreck
And I need the courage to carry on, 'cause I can't see what's ahead
And there are places I've wished I could be, battles I've wanted to win
Dreams that have slipped through my hands
I may never get back again

But I'm still a dreamer, a believer
Oh, I've lost my faith in so many things, but I still believe in You
'Cause You can make anything new

Sometimes I just wish we could say all the things that are easy to hear
Ignore the injustice we see and explain every unanswered prayer
But I'd rather speak honestly and wear a tattered heart on my sleeve
'Cause in the middle of my broken dreams, redemption is here

And I'm still a dreamer, a believer
Oh, I've lost my faith in so many things, but I still believe in You
'Cause You are the answer, the redeemer
Oh, I've given up on too many things, but I'm not giving up on You
'Cause You can make anything new

I don't have every answer in life
But I'm trusting You one day at a time
'Cause You can make a weak heart stay alive forever
this is where Heaven and Earth collide
I lift my hands and give my life
This is how my weary heart stays alive

Oh, I'm still a dreamer (This is where heaven and earth collide)
(I lift my hands and give my life)
Still a believer (This is how my weary heart stays alive)
Oh, You are the answer (Oh, this is where Heaven and Earth collide)
(I lift my voice and give my life)
The redeemer (This is how my weary heart stays alive, oh)

'Cause You can make anything new
Yeah, You can make anything new


And then I was like okay......I get it. : )

No comments: