Friday, July 3, 2009

It's Been Awhile!

So it has certainty been a long time since I blogged! I really don't think I lead an interesting life. However, when I was a sophomore and junior in college I used this site called Xanga pretty frequently. When I go back and read the things I wrote about it cracks me up! It is also fun to say, oh I remember when that happened! So I thought this would be fun to read a few years down the road too.

So here it goes...

You know what I think is really disgusting? My head peeling. That's right, I didn't lather my hair in sunscreen, so therefore I got burned on my scalp. Which is now peeling. I am trying to get rid of all the flakiness and have succeeded in turning the top of my forehead really pink. Hopefully it goes away soon!

I got this sunburn from our float trip I went on last weekend. It was a pretty good time in Noel, MO. We got there late Friday night around 10. Finding the River Ranch Resort in the dark was quite the adventure. My GPS didn't like "River Road" (what a dh), map quest was well map quest, it was dark, I still had to sit up my tent in the dark, the roads were curvy and everyone had an opinion on where to go. I love my friends but was not in a good mood at this point. : ) So it gets better. Better as in, I ended up with the back end of my car in the ditch! We thought we were going in the wrong direction, so I pulled off on this narrow part of the road to turn around. Later I found out I was about half a mile from were I needed to be. Good thing we got there about 45 minutes later. Anyway, as I was backing up I backed up into this low ditch. Katie thought it would be a good idea to push. Needless to say, somehow she ends up kissing the pavement and bangs up her leg. lol Oh funny stuff. Pushing did NOT work. So I did the back and forth thing and in 30 seconds I was out of the ditch and my three friends were running for the car. Actually this is where Katie fell. : ) So off we headed in the wrong direction. By the way, this is the second time I have got a vehicle in the ditch...completely sober I might add.

The rest of the night was a good one. Lindsay and Adam finally got there around 2 AM. When Lindsay called I gave her really detailed instructions. I mean who wants to get lost at 2 Am?Then we went swimming! The next morning I woke up bright and early, cooked some breakfast burritos and got ready for our float trip.

We packed our coolers, I made some pink lemonade, and then we took this bus to our drop site. The bus trip was a good time. It was a school bus but all the seats were rearranged to face inwards. I am sure that this would not be fun in an accident where a bus rolls down the hill, but it does made for a more enjoyable bus ride.

We were in the river for 8 miles or about 8 hours. It was a great time but by the end of it I was pretty exhausted. As was everyone else. Plus we were starving! When we got back to camp we cooked a bunch of food and ate it all up.

What a good trip with my friends! I am sure this is going to be an annual trip. Next time I think I want to kayak the whole time. It was my favorite.

Can't want to spend some time at the lake this weekend for the Fourth!








No comments: