Monday, October 1, 2012

A Truckful of Nuns

In case you were wondering, this is what a truckful of nuns look like:




Oh, wait! I meant a truckful of mums.....................


I guess it is better than a truckful of bums. Or tums. Really? Enough with the puns! Okay, I will stop now.

However, I did get a good laugh out of my welding boys last week when our mums were delivered. They seriously thought I said "nuns" instead of "mums" AND they still followed me outside to get them.

After seeing the truck and no nuns to be seen, they started laughing and said, "Oh mums! I was thinking is that even legal?!"

Ummm....probably not. But hey we all thought it was funny and my welding boys learned what mums were. Plus, we talked about nuns. Hahaha very funny God.

But God wasn't finished yet. One of my welding boys had this green shirt on that said something about "Faith Accompanied by Works" and it really sparked James, the mum truck driver's, attention.

"That's an interesting shirt there."

I kind of brush him off a little. Sort of like, "Why are you talking to me about this, right now, in front of everyone and the mums."

But he was persistant and continued to to talk to me about God, the Bible, and hearing God speak to us, and the aforementioned green shirt.

Before you knew it my class was inside, and I am having this prolonged conversation with James. I was pretty hesitant to talk to this complete stranger about my faith at first but before you know it things are coming out of my mouth and I am thinking, "Why the heck did I just tell  him that?!" Geez, Kasie. Go teach your class. lol

For example:

He mentioned that God has spoken to him.....like audibly. I make a remark about that not happening with too many people.... which actually may or may not be true; I don't know. He just caught me way of guard. Then he immediately says, "He did to Abraham!"

The conversation is rolling at this point. We are talking about God speaking to us, or me feeling the lack thereof, and the fact that I was baptized a little over a year and half ago. In fact, he hardly let me get a word in edgewise until I told him that. We ended the conversation both agreeing that God is great. It was a doozy of a conversation.

God definitely has a sense of humor. Thank you God for sending me the crazy mum/nun truck driver. Thanks for the reminder of sharing my faith with those around me.

For James, mums, nuns, and green shirts- I know that God is great!

No comments: